26.2.12

NUGGET POINT





One of the nicest things about the Southern Scenic Route is that there're signs peppered all around to let you know if there's anything interesting going on. We didn't have time for everything on the leg from Dunedin to Invercargill but we did drop by Nugget Point, which was highly recommended by my brother.

This was the place where I was nearly blown off my feet (it was that gusty) and where HC nearly lost his camera lens cap to the sea forever... ...

Can you see the nugget-like rocks that gave it it's name?

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Do go in summer Dennie, because that place was cold even in summer! :)

      Delete
  2. what a beautiful place! glad neither of you lost anything, including your footing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad too, it would have been a little scary to fall at this place, thanks!

      Delete
  3. Oh waow.
    I'm so glad you shot tons of rolls... I don't want them to stop (until i book my own flight, which will not happen soon, unless life surprises me...)***
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Juliette, thank you. Actually I never thought I would be in NZ this year either, so maybe life will really pop you with a nice surprise sooner than later! :)

      Delete