14.7.13

KAWAGOE



















A very long post of another long and rainy day in Kawagoe. The place is famous for the clay warehouses from the Edo period, I've never seen so many gathered in one place, and so beautifully preserved. It's not my first time there, but HC had never been, and I think he enjoyed it a lot more than Karuizawa.

As I was sifting through the photos, I was thinking about my classica and minolta, the way I use them and how the photos would turn out. There are many a times when I would see something and instinctively feel that this should be a 'classical shot' and vice-versa, though recently I've been pulling out my classica more and more, simply because it's a point-and-shoot and I've been feeling under the weather and rather lazy. But I think it's time I wean myself off the classica and get back to feeling good about my minolta again.

I like how the SLR slows me down, and makes me think a bit.


5 comments: